Creators of all stripes adore using TikTok.
If you’re a creator, whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been around the block a few times, TikTok provides you with the same opportunities for exposure.
What is TikTok?
Knowing the ins and outs of TikTok is essential before you can start making videos that go viral.
TikTok is interesting because it was originally presented to the world under a different name: Musical.ly.
That’s right, it’s the same Musical.ly that was released in 2018 and quickly became a hit among users as a platform for streaming and sharing short videos.
How to Sign Up for TikTok
Setting up a TikTok account is the first thing you need to do before making your first video.
Just go through each of these measures:
- TikTok is available for download in both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- Once you have your iOS or Android device ready, launch the TikTok app.
- The “Profile” menu item should be located in the rightmost corner of your screen.
- Next, decide which registration process works best for you.
- You can sign up using your phone number, e-mail address, or already established social media accounts.
- If you select the telephone or electronic mail option, you will be asked for your date of birth and contact information.
- You’ll need the correct phone number to verify your account, so please enter it carefully.
- TikTok will send a 6-digit verification code to the number you provide.
- After you finish the registration process, you’ll be able to use your new TikTok account.
- Simply complete the profile edits and upload a profile picture, and you’ll be ready to go.
Tips for Making a Viral TikTok Video
Making a video for TikTok is simple.
First and foremost, you should give your TikTok account a name that is completely original to you.
A TikTok user’s username is generated at signup and is a combination of letters and numbers.
Here are the steps you need to take to make your very first TikTok video:
- Choose the plus sign (+) in the bottom middle.
- Next, navigate to the file on your computer that contains the content you want to upload.
- Content can be recorded with a TikTok camera or uploaded from your device’s photo library.
- Tap the record button (red circle) once to begin recording.
- Simply tap the red record button again to end the recording.
- Once you’re satisfied with the recording, click the “Checkmark” button.
- Additional options for customization are available down the right-hand column.
- You can use the “Add Sound” option to include background music or other sounds in your videos.
- Click the “Post to Story” button to upload the video to your story.
- If you’d like to share this instead as a TikTok post, click the “Next” button.
How many distinct video genres does TikTok support?
One of the largest concentrations of original content producers can be found on TikTok.
When it comes to TikTok, quality content creation is of utmost importance.
Here’s a quick look at how to make some of the most popular types of content on TikTok, which should help you come up with even more amazing ideas for your own content creation:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making a Slow-Motion Video on TikTok
On TikTok, slow-motion videos are a popular form of content creation.
The upside of slow-mo videos is that they’re simple to create. Making slow-motion videos from already-existing footage is another way to provide viewers with novel material.
To create a slow-motion video on TikTok, just follow these steps:
- The first step is to open TikTok and sign in.
- To add something, tap the “+” button.
- You’ll need to pick a song to use in the slow-motion clip next.
- Always choose a slow song if you can.
- Navigate to “Speed” on the menu panel to the right.
- Video playback speed can be adjusted using the menu that appears at the video’s bottom.
- Choose your desired filters, fill in the post’s title and hashtags, and hit “Publish.”
Create a Multi-Clip TikTok Video
Multi-clip videos and videos with transitions between clips are also popular on TikTok.
TikTok gives its creators a wide variety of tools for making transitions and multi-video montages.
You can create such videos within TikTok, though you’ll have more flexibility with external editors.
Instructions on how to compile multiple clips into one TikTok video:
- To add something to your profile, select the plus button.
- Once you’ve done that, go ahead and click the “Upload” button and then the red record button.
- Tap the photos you want to edit from your camera roll.
- To choose the files, tap the empty circle in the upper right corner of the camera roll.
- Click the “Next” button once you’ve made your file selection.
- Keep in mind that the order in which you add videos from your camera roll will determine how TikTok sorts the resulting list.
- You can change the duration of each video by dragging its beginning and end points.
- You can rearrange the clips by holding down the mouse button and dragging them into a new position.
- Watch the finished product in preview before adding the finishing touches like music, titles, and credits.
- When you’re satisfied with the video, hit “Publish.”
Do You Want to Know How to Add a Voiceover to Your TikTok Video?
Want to make a voiceover video for TikTok but don’t know where to begin?
We’ve got you covered, man! Here is a complete guide to recording a voiceover for your TikTok video:
- Launch your TikTok app and sign in.
- To start making a video, select the “+” button.
- Just shoot the video normally, or post it online.
- Once you’re satisfied with the video, select the “Voiceover” icon.
- To begin recording your voiceover, either click or hold down the “Record” button.
- If you don’t want to hear the original sound, uncheck “Keep Original Sound.”